Do you know which operating system accounts for the most share in the global smartphone market? – Android with more than 81.7%, leaving behind all other operating systems and even the trend does not seem to be reversing anytime soon.
Android is not only becoming increasingly popular among mobile phone users because it’s simple to use, supports most of the apps, and offers appealing variety, but also many developers consider Android to be the most adaptable operating system, as android app development services is extremely customizable, having large community support, and the majority of the smartphones function on it.
As a result, it creates really high demand and provides profitable opportunities in mobile app development by using varied Integrated Development Environments (IDEs). However, developing any application is not easy as it may sound while it is required to put together a number of components to keep your application together, such as the structure, user interaction, user experience, and configurations, here is when an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) has a vital role to play.
Fortunately, there is the availability of various platforms and tools in the market as well as on the web that may bring ease in developing imaginative yet unique Android mobile applications, but before getting straight to some of the best IDEs for android app development services let’s bring IDE into the light first.
Get the basics right about Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
An IDE is a combination of tools or a software program to get started with writing till the testing of your application. To put it simply, an IDE is an intended hub for application development. It consists primarily of a word processor, automated building tools, and a debugger. Similarly, certain IDEs accompany the benefits of providing plugins to extend their functionality to a higher degree.
Thus, IDE has made the advancement in development simpler than any time by putting all that a developer mainly needs under one GUI. IDEs can work on the efficiency and execution of the developer by decreasing the arrangement time, enhancing speed, being in line with updates, and so on.
Moreover, emulators offered by mobile IDEs simulate phone models inside the IDE, allowing you to test the way applications will appear and behave on a mobile screen without actually owning a mobile device physically.
Following the development of a mobile application, it becomes necessary to test it on various devices such as iOS, Android, and so on. Here is what emulators let you know about the working of a developed application on different screen sizes, resolutions, processors, and memory. With so many models being released on a regular basis, it is not feasible to purchase and test the application on each device, so the mobile device IDEs have their relevant significance.
To make the task of selecting the IDE that proves to be the best fit for mobile application development easier for you, we are delving into the best mobile development IDEs in this blog.
5 Best IDEs for Android Development
- AIDE, an Android IDE, itself is an application enabling you on your Android device to develop genuine Android applications directly. There are currently over 1 million downloads on the Google Play store with a rating of 4.0 along with 50,000 reviews.
- DroidScript being an Android IDE claims to enhance efficiency and expedite development by up to 10x when compared to other common development tools. It is a flexible Android IDE, as it neither requires any internet support nor does use the cloud, making it possible to work from anywhere.
- CppDroid has an editor with in-built customization, smart syntax highlighter, real-time diagnostics and problem-solving, and an underlying computer that allows you to work remotely. CppDroid further includes feature tutorials and examples for beginners, whose premium version comes with access to Dropbox, Google Drive support, and more.
- Android Web Developer (AWD) has a massive number of features, perhaps the most powerful IDE. It supports major formats beside all primary web languages and access to the data from anywhere via FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and WebDAV along with code highlighting, fast navigation, code completing, hardware keyboard support, and integration.
- Pydroid 3 is the simplest yet most impressive Python IDE for Android. It emphasises prebuilt packages and advanced libraries. Matplotlib, PyQt5, pandas, cython, scipy, numpy and others are among them. There is also an infinite Terminal Emulator with readline functionality.
Android IDEs are designed to reduce time without keeping quality at risk. Although, what IDE used to be utilized in which project differs according to the preference of every developer, as different projects come with varied challenges, hence, there is no all-inclusive IDE. Along these lines, selecting the best IDE requires time and effort and to save the both in this blog, we have highlighted the very finest of them to help you in keeping your mobile application development game stronger than ever before like an app development company in USA.