Yahoo is a very good email service that was the base of too many email services that people use these days. The email service was launched in 1997 and has helped millions of people with their work-related messages and documents.
Even though there are many other email services present these days with different and more wonderful features, Yahoo still has over 200 million users which may give you an idea about the brilliant services of Yahoo.
But, if you use Yahoo with some other email service like Outlook then, you can enjoy more wonderful and amazing features that are the combined between Yahoo and outlook and this is why in this guide, we are going to tell you the steps that you can use to connect your Yahoo mail with Outlook modern version. So, follow the guide to know how to add Yahoo mail in outlook.
How to Setup Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016?
Step 1: Enable IMAP & POP on Yahoo
The first thing that you have to do is to enable the IMAP and POP in the yahoo mail outlook settings. Adhere to these steps for the same.
- Open your Yahoo account and move to the Account Info section.
- Now, you have to open Account Security and then turn on the option that says ‘Allow apps that use lesser secure sign-in.
- Once this is done then, you have to move forward in the guide.
Step 2: Create a password for the application
The next thing that you need to follow for outlook configuration for yahoo mail is to enable the two-factor authentication. For this, you need to generate a new password that can be used to access the account from a different application.
Follow the instructions that we have given here to do the same.
- Open the Account security section of your Yahoo email account.
- Then, you have to choose the option ‘Generate App password’.
- Then, you have to select Outlook from the drop-down menu that is present there and then hit the Generate button.
- Type the password and then click on the Done button.
- This will create a new password for the Outlook application of your Yahoo account.
- Make a note of this password and keep it somewhere safe as you will need it in the future.
Step 3: Configure Yahoo Mail on Outlook
Now, you need to use these steps if Yahoo mail not working on outlook and you want to set it up correctly.
- Open Outlook and then go to the File tab.
- There you have to click on the Add account button in the info tab.
- Type the email address and password of your Yahoo account and then hit connect.
- Now, just click on the Done button and your Yahoo email account will be added successfully in Outlook.
Step To Add Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2019
The method involved with adding the Yahoo record to Outlook 2019 is precisely like that for Outlook 2016.
- In Outlook 2019, click File > data > Add Account.
- Input your Yahoo account email address and snap Connect.
- Input your Yahoo account secret phrase and snap Connect.
- At the point when the Yahoo account is included in Outlook, click Done.
For more read – How to Fix Outlook Unable to Connect to Yahoo Mail?
Yahoo mail is dynamic for over twenty years, and numerous clients are ceaselessly utilizing it. Yet, assuming you follow the news, you might know about the phishing assaults on Yahoo accounts for enormous scopes. In 2017, Yahoo acknowledged that multiple billion of its records were impacted because of a robbery of records. That is the reason you ought to view the security of Yahoo sends more in a serious way and keep a reinforcement of the messages at ordinary spans. In this way, you can utilize the Kernel IMAP Backup device. It will enroll every one of the messages of your letter drop and commodity them securely to a PST document. High-level elements are accessible in the device to choose/deselect organizers, apply channels, reclaim up, and get a total report. You can utilize the PST record in the Outlook application to open the messages.
You have to stick to all the steps that we have given here to complete the process. You can also use the website Onlinegeeks.net to know more about Yahoo and its configuration in Outlook.